Saturday 3 May 2014

Triangle Quilt Along - finish.


I joined the Finish Along at The Littlest Thistle for the second quarter in 2014 and my list of projected finishes is here.
This was my first finish.

All good things come to an end and this evening is the last time to post about the Triangle Quilt Along.

Here it is, at the eleventh hour (almost).

Triangle quilt. made during the Triangle Quilt Along at The Sassy Quilter.
In photos taken just before sunset blues are enhanced. I've no idea what the cause is, but here I appear to have used purple patches. No. No purple. No blue. This is fuchsia - bright pink, but clearly with a blue component.

Here a close up.

Closer view of the binding and quilting.




More loopy quilting.


The sun is off my balcony now, so here is a photo I took in the sun this morning. Here the colours are more accurately reproduced. Unfortunately it was not only sunny but very windy with it. If you look closely you can see the binding flapping around.



Some statistics:
Triangles per row: 23
Number of rows: 16
Length: 210cm
Width: 170cm

Fabrics: 
Mona solids - yellow, fuchsia and green (binding)
Assorted  print FQs (mostly without enough selvedge to identify them)
Brice & Madeline jonehallmark for Free Spirit 
(backing - only piece large enough to have a name - 
and then I can't read the designer's name properly. sorry!)

I'm linking up to The Sassy Quilter for the triangle finish.
Thanks to Paula for organising the Quilt Along, 
and to my fellow bloggers who offered advice on quilting method and the tension issues last week.
I shall be writing a summary of your advice and my findings this week.


I'm also linking to Lily's Quilts for

Lily's QuiltsLily's Quilts
and to Quilt Matters for TGIFF


Finish Along 2014

This is my first finish in Q2 of Finish Along.
At the end of the second quarter I'm linking my finishes to Katy at the Littlest Thistle. Click on the logo above to view other participants' finishes.


23 comments:

Kris said...

Super bright and beautiful colors. Well done!

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

YAY! Congratulations on a beautiful finish :) Your quilting is great and I just love the colors in your quilt! Definitely worth the challenges along the way :)

Lisa J. said...

Congratulations on your finish Marly. It's a beautiful quilt.

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Gorgeous colours and fabrics used - a lovely finish!!!

Vireya said...

Beautiful! Congratulations on getting it finished. I like the loopy quilting.

Dasha said...

I toyed with the idea of joining in that SAL, but being realistic, if I had started, I would still be working on it this time next year! Good work on finishing it on time. It looks great.

Sweet Dreams Quilting said...

What a beautiful quilt. Congrats on the finish!

Sweet Dreams Quilting said...

Congrats on your finish! It is a beautiful quilt!
Also, thanks for the info on the no reply blogger, I had no idea. It is fixed now.

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Awesome finish Marly! Thanks so much for quilting along with me. I just love the bright fun colors in this quilt. I am ready for summer just looking at it!

Sheri said...

That is very pretty!

a maidenhair fern said...

I think the colors are great! They blend well together. The colors do look very vivid. Sometimes just before photographing, I spray my quilt to get that vivid look. Congrats on a beautiful finish.

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

looks fab Marly and I so love your colours and the green you've chosen for the binding :D

Vera said...

What a lovely color combo! Great quilting too!

Rachel said...

Great colors. I like how summery it looks!

audrey said...

Oh, I love these colors! It's so cheerful and happy and makes me smile! Lovely finish!

Kristyn @ Melon Patch Quilts said...

Love your colour choice! Great job!

Lorna McMahon said...

Your triangle quilt was worth every minute spent. What a gorgeous quilt! I love the bright happy fabrics you chose and the binding is just perfect. Congratulations on such an impressive finish!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I love triangle quilts! |You've chosen gorgeous colours for yours :)

Jehnny said...

Love the colours in that quilt!

M-R Charbonneau said...

I adore the colours and fabrics you chose. Yummy! Such a warm and cuddly quilt! So glad you linked this up to TGIFF, Marly!

Laura said...

Looks amazing. love your fabric choices

Katy Cameron said...

Congrats on all your finishes :o)

SewPsyched! said...

Love love love this quilt and the colors!! Congrats on your first finish on the Q2!! Hope to see more of what you do for the FAL 3!!
XX!