1. some 2.5" strips I won in a giveaway last winter, five of which are in ....
2. the centre of a cushion cover which needs a wider outer border. I'm trying to decide whether that should be off-white or pale yellow. A second cushion cover is at the moment under the walking foot;
3. some experimental playing with scraps, à la Victoria Findlay-Wolfe, inspired by her blog;
4. a few Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks, which have been there since Saturday;
5. an exercise in "Intuitive Angle Piecing" from "Intuitive Color and Design" by Jean Wells. As I'm not intuitive with colour I need all the help I can get. This isn't a representation of anything particular, but if you see something in it, that's up to you.
Here's a close up of the intuitive angle piecing:
All these pieces were originally straight strips, cut at an angle and then sewn together straight on the grain. (It is a rectangle, even though it doesn't look like it in the photo.) Now I'm thinking about how I'm going to quilt it and embellish it further.
All these little odds and ends make a change from the bed quilts that have been occupying me for the last few months. Also, with the exception of the RSC sampler blocks, I'm not working from a pattern, but from my own ideas, influenced by the inspiration I find online.
I'm linking up to:
Hop over there and see what else has been happening.