Sunday 4 January 2015

Toadstool House nearly finished, but not quite!



This was originally a appliqué project from a workshop at Quilters Palet in The Hague, to learn how to use the Appliquick tools. The Appliquick tools work very well, especially when fixing really small pieces like the girl's hand or the pompom. As this isn't my style of interior decoration, and I had absolutely no idea what I was going to do with it, I firstly abandoned it, and then decided to extend its scope, by adding free embroidery. I rather went to town on that, and there was even more, but I unpicked it the next day!




I also tried my hand at faux trapunto:


to make the little girl stand out more. I finally bought a suitable FQ to make the border earlier this week, got the borders on and was all set to go hand quilting this weekend.

Then, a new development: my daughter asked if I could make it into a cushion for a friend's birthday. Apparently one of her friends is really into this type of doll. I don't have a problem with turning it into a cushion cover; I'm pleased to find a use for it. Unfortunately I can't go further until she gives me the dimensions of the cushion.

So, this is NOT on my list of finishes for the Finish Along at the Littlest Thistle.

Happy sewing

Marly.

No comments: