Saturday 19 April 2014

Rainbow scrap challenge 2014: week 16

I am participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge where we make blocks on a specified colour each week. This month's colour is purple.

Production increased by 100% this week over last week!


Snowball and Dutchman's Puzzle
I was able to use the four flying geese units that I made the wrong way round a couple of weeks ago (see this post) in the Dutchman's puzzle block.
If you're interested in how I made the flying geese units  I'm putting a tutorial under the tutorials tab at the top of my blog, when I've worked out how.


I'm linking up to Soscrappy 
so hop over there to see what others have made for the challenge this week


Happy sewing,

Marly.

11 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

It's nice to see the snowball block and Dutchman's puzzle in other colours. Good job.

Teresa in Music City said...

Love both of these blocks - they make up into such fun layouts in a quilt :)

Karen said...

I love flying geese blocks. Snowball blocks are alway quick and easy. Your blocks are lovely.

Jennifer said...

looks good! thanks for stopping by my blog. for my 6" crumb blocks, I plan on making a strippy rainbow quilt with a white(ish) star in the corner. I did a post about it; you can read it here:
http://caplingerfamily.blogspot.com/2014/03/rsc14-of-course-its-green-its-march.html

LA Paylor said...

ha! Congrats on using the geese! They look good in purples.
LEeAnna Paylor

Marly said...

Thanks LeeAnna. It wasn't hard to figure out how to use them.

Katie Z. said...

Very pretty!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love your blocks, so glad you could find a use for your flying geese.

Dasha said...

Great that you could use your "wrong" geese blocks. Email me if you want instructions on putting up that tutorial

Deb A said...

Great use of those extra geese! I really need to get some purple playing time in this week for some sampler blocks. I love your purple snowball and dp. I just might have to copy you!

Emily Carnes said...

Great colors - love those flying geese.