Monday 6 April 2015

Finish Along 2015 Second Quarter

This year the finish along is being hosted by Adrianne at The Windy Side

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
Last quarter I only finished one project from my list. So now the other four head the new list. Click on the photo caption by each picture to read a post about the project.

1. Toadstool House
heads the list. This is it's fourth appearance on my list, but I have worked on it each quarter.

Toadstool House
Originally it was going to be a wall hanging. Changed my mind. Then my daughter wanted a cushion. Changed my mind. Now It's going to be a book cover, but I need to make it bigger.

2 Optical illusion
was a project for a course running from November to January at QuiltersPalet in The Hague. 

Optical Illusion
I started quilting this in January, then hit a problem. 

3 Rainbow Scrap quilt
From the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014,

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014
is nearly finished as I write. It just needs to have the joins and borders quilted, labelled and bound. Doesn't sound like much work does it?

4 Sew Together bag

Sewing: Sew Together Bag
Sew Together bag (photo from Craftsy site)

This is a pattern (by Sew Demented and available through Craftsy) that I bought on New Years Eve. 

Essential supplies for the Sew Essential bag.
This is as far as I've got, but the fabric will be from stash.


5. Batik table runner

Batik table runner
I optimistically started in February, using a roll of 2½" batik strips but hit a problem after about 4 days when the local shop didn't have any white/off-white batik with a green or brown or even purple vein. I should have some next weekend.


6. Secret sewing
The deadline for this is in April, so I  should must get this done!

I hope that's realistic and even though it's longer than my last list I'll be doing my best to get them ALL finished by the end of June!

I'm linking up to

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

Happy Sewing

Marly.

5 comments:

Christine B said...

Good luck with getting your projects finished Marly! You can do it!! Lovely projects, so I can't wait to see them finished! :) x

Chantal said...

Wow! That's a long list of Have-to-get-done! Good luck. Love the Toadstool House. So cute.

Lisa J. said...

Good luck with your goals Marly.

Ruth said...

Yay, toadstool is still there - love that project! Sew together bag will have to be on my list too!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Oh Shoot...what great finished this go around!! That toadstool is adorable and looks like it was a lot of fun too!