I've made two pink blocks this week for the "make a block a week challenge" for the Dutch Modern Quilt Guild.
The block patterns have all been submitted by guild members. Some are traditional but most, I believe, have been specially designed.
These are both foundation paper pieced, and far from using up scraps, generated them! I'm useless when it comes to foundation piecing! Enter Mr Murphy and his famous law: it can go wrong, and it does!! So for all the fabric you see in the photos there's an equal amount reclining in my lovely new pink basket!
I made some progress on my improv floating squares quilt this week too, until I ran out of navy solid. Not only did I run out, but the LQS had also run out! That's life! Fortunately they agreed to give me a call when it comes in, so I'll be spared another trip for nothing. No recent photo yet of the floating squares quilt which is approaching lap size.
I'm interested to see which colour is coming up for November. I've got way behind with my sewing this year, and I really need to catch up with the missed colours, so maybe I'll be concentrating on them.
I'm linking up to the RSC link-up where there are already a lot of pink beauties to admire.
Click on the button to join the party.