Last week I showed my few orange scraps:
I started by joining the little pieces together:
This was the result, although one or two (for example bottom right) still needed to be straightened. It's definitely easier to join the larger patches when they are all some sort of rectangle.
The next step was to sew the pieces to the wadding and batting, starting in the middle with a couple of "uglies" which won't be seen as they form the base of the basket. Then I went round log-cabin style adding strips of made fabric and strips from stash. On the left of this picture you can see all that was left of the pile of scraps in the first photo; these are the really smallest pieces, and now reside a polythene bag in the finished basket waiting to be used for appliqué.
|basket fabric before cutting (two outdoor candles defying the wind and holding down the corners!)|
|Finished basket: pattern by Fiona at BubzRugz|
I'm linking up to
so head over there and see what else has been made in orange this September.