Wednesday 25 April 2018

Round Robin



 


This will be the first time I participate in a Round Robin and I'm nervous to say the least!
District West of the Dutch MQG  has a quilting bee - the Bee Zonder Naam (BZN) - which meets once in two months and is organising a Round Robin. The centre blocks are due on 15 May but I've finished mine already. (I don't know what came over me, I'm not usually that early with anything!)


This block is a composition using the stitch and flip triangle technique, featured in "Quilting Modern" by Jacquie Gering and Katie Pedersen. It is a variation on the traditional stitch and flip technique, and the result is similar to the points on the wonky star block. I really enjoyed making it and will certainly be using this technique much more in future. (By the way, I don't earn anything for recommending this book, I just think it's a really useful book on modern quilting.)

The block measures 10.5" square and was made using pink scraps and solid taupe by either Michael Miller or American Made Brand, I'm afraid I don't remember which.

Although I shall be working on this each month for the rest of the year at least, I won't be posting about it until I'm at the quilting stage.

This is my third finish for

http://www.elmstreetquilts.com/2018/04/one-monthly-goal-april-finish-link-up.html

which I wrote about here . Click on the button above to visit the party.


Happy sewing

Marly

3 comments:

Sandra Walker said...

You are good for completing your OMG! I really like your block, and I don't know why you'd be nervous; your work is fabulous. :-)

Becca said...

Love this block! I've been meaning to sew the Supernova pattern from that book for a while. Yours looks great.

Sandy Panagos said...

I like everything abut your block - colors, technique, fabrics. It will be interesting to see how it ends up. Round Robins are indeed a little stressful, but a lot of fun too. Enjoy the process.